1. White water rafting in Kullu: The Beas River, which cuts through the Kullu Valley, is riddled with rapids ripe for exploring. The river offers rapids ranging between Grades 1 and 3, making it an excellent place for first-timers to try their hand at the sport in their Himachal tour packages. This group sport is entirely guided and can be attempted by anyone and one must include it in their Himachal tour packages.
2. Paragliding in Bir Billing: Famed as the Paragliding capital in India, Bir Billing is one of the top inclusions in Himachal tour packages for adventure enthusiasts. The activity takes place from cliff sides at a height of over 8,100 feet above the sea. All fliers are trained in the sport beforehand. One can even record their experience on video, should they desire so.
3. Skiing in Solang Valley: During winters, Solang Valley transforms into a haven of winter sports. Skiing is one of the many such adventures offered here. The seasoned skier is bound to have a great time navigating its generously snow-covered slopes, while the first-timer can opt for a training session from any of the expert guides here and if visiting in winters this adventure should be in your Himachal tour packages.
4. Trekking: With its landscape dominated by mountains, trekking is probably the most popular adventure activity included in the Himachal holiday packages. The region is home to some of the best trails in the country: the Chandrashila trek, Triund Trek, and Pin Parvati trek being some of them. The trails here are of varying difficulties, allowing all to enjoy the sport in Himachal tour packages. Trekking in Himachal can be done across all seasons.
5. Heli-Skiing in Hanuman Tibba: A unique adventure sport, Heli-skiing is a more refined and challenging form of regular skiing. The sport takes place in higher altitudes and involves taking off from a helicopter in flight. This sport is restricted to winters only when the new layers of snow add smoothness to the slopes.
Nestled in the laps of the Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh is well known for its icy mountain stays and the many adventure opportunities it offers. The state is home to Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass, two of the top adventure destinations in the country. Among the many extreme sports Himachal tour packages offered paragliding, sledding, skiing, trekking, and much more. Additionally, the village of Bir Billing is also regarded as the Paragliding Capital of India.
The best time for a Himachal tour for snowfall is during the winter months, between December and February. During this time, all of the state remains covered in a white blanket of snow, making it the best time for snow sports that you should never miss in your Himachal tour packages.
1. Sar Pass Trek, Kasol: Another famous trek available in the Himachal Tour Packages is Kasol’s Sar Pass Trek, considered moderate to difficult and taking 4 to 5 days to complete. With a maximum altitude of over 14,000 feet, the trail leads you to the frozen Sar Lake in Himachal. Beginning from Kasol, the trail passes through dense forests of Parvati Valley, all the way to the Grahan Valley, while also offering serene views of the Himalayas, pine and deodar forests, and flower-covered valleys. The main attraction of the trek is the Sar Lake, which is the final destination here, and is a snow-covered attraction, adding to the beauty of the entire experience.
2. Hampta Pass Trek: Located at an elevation of 14,000 feet above the ground, Hampta Pass is a well-acclaimed high-altitude trek in the Pir Panjal ranges. The journey, starting from Kullu Valley, travels all the way to the pass via Lahaul. The stunning route is dotted with thick forests of pine and oak, adding an enigmatic charm to the trail and if planning for Himachal tour packages you can go for this trek.
3. Triund Trek: Starting off from Mcleodganj, or the Little Lhasa of India, Triund Trek is among the most popular treks included in Himachal Pradesh tour packages. Home to some stunning views of the surrounding mountainsides, Triund is perfect for a solo as well as a group trek. Furthermore, it is one of the easiest treks in the Himalayas and can be attempted by beginners as well as first-time trekkers.
4. Malana Village Trek, Kasol: Another famous trek that you can avail during your Himachal Tour Packages is the Malana Village Trek in Kasol, which is a moderate trek that takes around 6 days to complete. The trek begins from the Jari Village in Himachal and sprawls across 4 kilometres, thereby taking you to one of the oldest villages in the country, called Malana. Perfect for all kinds of trekkers, this trek includes varied terrains, and passes through winding pathways, jagged trails as well as quaint hamlets. On the way, you will also cross beautiful waterfalls gushing down, along with the Jamlu Devta Temple, known for its wooden architecture, among other attractions.
5. Indrahar Pass Trek: Cutting its way through a series of steep ridges, Indrahar Pass Trek promises to challenge the experienced trekker in Himachal. Steep ridges line the length of the trek, traversing through alpine meadows and streams as it goes by. The Indrahar Pass trek is fairly difficult and should be attempted by experts only. The trek remains inaccessible during monsoon months.
6. Bhrigu Lake Trek: Said to be the prettiest grassland trek in Himachal, the Bhrigu Lake trek travels through gorgeous alpine meadows before halting at the eponymous lake. The lake is named after the ancient Saint Bhrigu, who is said to have meditated there. The glacial lake remains frozen throughout the year, dazzling with its icy beauty. The trek is said to be a fairly moderate one, which means beginners may attempt it under caution.
7. Prashar Lake Trek, Mandi: The Prashar Lake Trek in Mandi is one of the best treks that you can indulge in during your Himachal Tour Packages. This popular trek is considered relatively easy, and takes you to the scenic Prashar Lake tucked in the Kullu Valley, with the Dhauladhar Ranges surrounding it. It takes around 2 days to complete the trek, and you get to enjoy some of the most breath-taking 180-degree views of the Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Kinnaur ranges during the trek. You can choose to reach the lake via Baggi Village or the Jwalapur Village, while also enjoying the local culture and lifestyle of the people here.
8. Beas Kund Trek, Manali: Amongst the most famous treks in Himachal Pradesh is the Beas Kund Trek, near Manali. Beginning from Old Manali, you get to pass through the ancient villages of Burua and Shanag during this easy to moderate trek, while also learning about the region’s historical significance. During this 15-to-17-kilometre trek, you also get to pass through the Solang Valley and the verdant meadows of Bakartach and Dundi, while also enjoying views of peaks like Ladakhi, Hanuman Tibba, Shitidhar, Friendship Peak and more. The maximum altitude of this trek is over 12,000 feet from the sea level, and the trek takes anywhere between 2 to 4 days to complete.
9. Kheerganga Trek: One of the most popular treks in Himachal Pradesh tour packages, the Kheerganga is a fairly easy trek in the Parvati valley region of Himachal. The route takes you through a series of scenic hamlets, waterfalls, and temples as it ascends to Kheerganga, the final destination of the trail. Although the trek can be taken throughout the year, winter is generally deemed to be the best time for your Himachal tour packages, as the valleys here appear twice as resplendent when covered entirely in snow.
10. Pin Parvati Pass Trek, Spiti: Adventure junkies must definitely go for the Pin Parvati Pass Trek in Spiti, during their trip to Himachal Pradesh. A rather difficult trek, ranging from 7 to 10 days, and extending up to 110 kilometres, this trek takes you to an impressive maximum height of over 16,000 feet above the sea level. During the trek, you are guaranteed to enjoy mesmerising views of the surrounding landscapes, snowy mountains, majestic rocks as well as verdant meadows. Being one of the longest treks in Himachal, this trek also serves as a bridge between the Spiti and Kullu Valleys, and remains covered with blankets of snow for a major part of the year.
1) Royal Tulip Shimla, Kufri Hills - Located at a distance of 8kms from the city centre, these glorious lodgings are sheer comfort and luxury at affordable prices. There are a myriad of marvellous amenities to keep you entertained and opulent room choices for a fun staycation amidst the verdant Kufri Hills. The deluxe rooms come with complacent bedding, wooden furniture, room services and mini bar, whereas the premium rooms have spacious accommodations and panoramic room views. The other options are luxury and presidential suites with opulent bathroom amenities and beddings. Guests can enjoy delicious dishes at multi-cuisine restaurants as well.
Price: INR 7000- INR 12000
2) Shivalaya Retreat (Manali) - Situated on the banks of the spectacular River Beas, this fancy mountain resort with splendid and panoramic room views will disappoint no traveller ever. Starting at an amazing price of Rs.2500, the waterfront hut comes with spacious accommodations, comfortable bedding and sanitised toiletries. Guests can also choose to stay at other opulent lodgings with incredible room views. The myriad of things one can do at Shivalaya retreat are, go trekking on the surrounding Himalayan peaks and take a Himachal tour, visit Hadimba temple and go skiing at Rohtang pass. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Manali from a bird’s eye view and go paragliding at the nearest centres. Overall a night at this pleasant resort is top-notch choice!
Price: INR 2000-5000
3) Apple Country Resort (Manali) - Nothing can beat the feeling of waking up to a quaint and mesmerising sunrise amidst snow-capped mountains of Himachal Pradesh. The Thai beautiful resort is situated at the highest point in Manali and offers gratified views from the balcony. Book for a honeymoon suite and enjoy spacious accommodations, wooden furnishings, complacent bedding and more. Other room choices at this resort are round bed honeymoon suite, deluxe rooms, family suite and premium rooms. Apple country resort also arranges for soul rejuvenating treks up to scenic Hadimba Temple and verdant meadows of Lama Dug. Starting at a reasonable price, this accommodation will give you a chance to enjoy opulent lodgings and take home a bag full of memories with your Himachal Pradesh Tour Packages.
Price: INR 2000- INR 5000
4) Clarked Hotel - A grand Heritage Hotel Since 1898 - Located in the middle of Shimla’s hustle and bustle, this exquisite and ancient resort dates back to 1898 and promises complacent lodging at reasonable prices. The myriad of room choices one can enjoy in Himachal Tour Packages are premium rooms which come with spacious accommodations, sanitised toiletries and wooden furnishings. The suites have a beautiful balcony overlooking scenic views of Shimla and lastly the Superior and deluxe rooms have archaic interiors, beddings, and other spacious design areas. Guests can enjoy such luxurious services and other entertaining recreational activities, multi cuisine dining, and satisfactory room services at a very reasonable price.
Price: INR 8000- INR 13000
5) Fortune Select Forest Hill (Kasauli) - The antiquated Kasuali houses plenty of ethereal accommodations and such exquisite homestay is rendered by Fortune Forest Hill resort. Situated amidst the lanking and tall canopies of Kasauli, this well-furnished and highly reviewed resort has deluxe rooms which have wooden furnishings, premium and family rooms with king size beddings and presidential suites with ethereal room views from the balcony. Apart from this, guests can also enjoy multi cuisine restaurants, free wifi access, recreational activities arranged by the resort like trekking, hiking etc, and 24*7 room services as well.
Price: INR 10000- INR 15000
Discover why our packages are so popular! Visit the Taj Mahal on a wildlife safari or journey to the Himalayas for a spiritual awakening. Our expert planners ensure your trip is seamless; all you have to do is relax and enjoy.